Easy crostini canapés are a seriously easy canapé idea to feed a crowd at a party and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser with Mediterranean flavours
- 1 baguette or ciabatta, thinly sliced
- a drizzle of oil
- 200g sun-blushed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100g toasted almonds
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley
- 50g grated Manchego cheese
- 3-4tbsp olive oil
- lemon juice
- 1 large handful parsley and mint leaves
- 85g capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5-6tbsp olive oil
If you’re throwing a dinner party and want an extra special touch, why not start your evening off with this really easy canapé recipe? Full of exquisite Mediterranean flavours, this dish is the perfect way to kick of any feast. With sun-blushed tomatoes, Manchego cheese, capers and anchovies, there’s a whole host of different flavours and textures to get everyone’s taste buds going. What’s more, this fabulous dish only takes 15 minutes to whip up.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CROSTINI CANAPES
- To make the crostini, drizzle a little oil over a thinly sliced baguette or ciabatta then grill until golden and crisp.
- For the tomato topping, mix the tomatoes and almonds with a small handful of flat-leaf parsley. Stir through the Manchego cheese and 3-4tbsp olive oil with a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste. You can put all this in the food processor, but it looks prettier if you chop it by hand. Use a spoon to layer the topping on the crostini.
- For the salsa verde topping, whizz the parsley and mint leaves with the capers, anchovy fillets, red wine vinegar and olive oil, until you have a thick paste. Serve on the crostini.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
party food Recipes
More Party food Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes
More Christmas Recipes