Who could resist these luxurious mini cupcakes, made with our best-ever brownie recipe?
- 125g (4½oz) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 100g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 175g (6oz) light muscovado sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 75g (3oz) plain flour, sifted
- ¼tsp sea salt flakes (we like Maldon)
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 50g (2oz) icing sugar
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Hearts
- 24-hole mini cupcake tray and cases
Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large saucepan over a low heat. When completely melted, stir in the sugar, then the eggs one by one. Fold in the flour and salt, then spoon into the cupcake cases so they're nearly full, and bake in the centre of the oven for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
While they're cooling, heat the cream and icing sugar together until steaming, allow to sit off the heat for a minute, then tip in the chocolate. Leave without stirring for 2 minutes, then stir to combine into a thick ganache. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe swirls on to the brownies at once before it sets. Decorate with hearts.