This American-style chocolate and raspberry cheesecake recipe is a lovely, light dessert that isn't over sweet
- 250g (9oz) double chocolate chip cookies
- 25g (3oz) butter, melted
- 50g (2oz) dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 900g (2lb) full-fat cream cheese
- 300g (10oz) golden caster sugar
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 1½tsp chocolate extract
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 150g (5oz) raspberries
for the topping:
- 2 x 284ml cartons soured cream
- 50g (2oz) golden caster sugar
- 1tsp sweet sherry (optional)
- 50g (2oz) dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- raspberries, to decorate
A classic cheesecake recipe makes the perfect dinner party dessert option that your guests will love and you can prep in advance too.
HOW TO MAKE AMERICAN-STYLE BAKED CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
- Heat the oven to 170 C, 150 C fan, 325 F, gas 3. Place the cookies in a processor and whizz until they break down into crumbs. Add the melted butter and then whizz again, until combined. Press into the base of the prepared cake tin and chill.
- Put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes. Meanwhile, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, cornflour and chocolate extract in a free-standing mixer, until soft.
- Pour in the melted chocolate, mix again, then gradually add the eggs. Fold in the raspberries and turn the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the soured cream, golden caster sugar and sherry, if using. Pour on top of the baked cheesecake and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Immediately put into the fridge to cool overnight.
- To serve, scatter the grated chocolate over the top and decorate with raspberries.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Chocolate Recipes
More Cheesecake Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes
More American Recipes