Looking for a girly pink dessert recipe? Try our beautiful, seasonal meringue dessert that makes a great party recipe
- 4 large, free range egg whites
- 220g (8oz) white caster sugar
- 2tsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- pink food colouring
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream, lightly whipped
- 400g (14oz) mixed summer berries
- icing sugar, to serve
For a bright pavlova recipe that will make the perfect pink pud, give this summer berry pavlova a go. It’s an easy meringue based dessert that will please all you guests, whether it’s a summer barbecue or posh dinner party.
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER BERRY PAVLOVA
- Preheat the oven to 150 C, 130 C fan, 300 F, gas 2. Put the egg whites into a large bowl. With an electric hand whisk, beat until stiff. Now add the sugar, a little at a time, whisking until stiff and glossy. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the meringue won’t move.
- Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar. Then use a little meringue to stick down some parchment paper on to a baking sheet. Using a spatula, dollop on the meringue into a circle, and make a dip in the centre.
- Dip a skewer into the pink colouring to make a colourful marble effect, and swirl it into the meringue.
- Put into the oven, turn the oven down to 130 C, 110 C fan, 250 F, gas ½ and bake for 45 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the meringue to cool inside for a few hours with the door closed.
- When you’re ready to fill the meringue, spoon over the cream, add the berries and dust with icing sugar. The meringue will sit happily in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours – it won’t be quite as crisp, but it will still taste fantastic.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Meringue Recipes
More Summer Recipes
More Dessert Recipes