It’s a classic and everyone loves it, but we’ve lightened up the sauce. It’s also a great way to use up roast chicken or turkey leftovers.
- 2 small to medium cooked chickens, stripped off the bone
- 75g (3oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 50g (2oz) sultanas
- 100g (4oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 bag baby salad leaves
- 1½tbsp Madras curry paste
- 100ml (4fl oz) mayonnaise
- 200ml (7fl oz) natural or Greek yogurt (not low-fat)
- 3tbsp mango chutney
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing and add freshly ground black pepper. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, pine nuts (reserving a few), sultanas, apricots and half the spring onions and coriander. Stir in the dressing. Put the salad leaves on a platter, spoon over the chicken mix, then scatter over remaining pine nuts, spring onions and coriander.