A healthy and warming vegetarian soup with chilli to give it a little extra kick in flavour. Plus it’s great for beating colds and fat-burning
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 fat red chillies, deseeded (if you don't like it too hot) and diced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 500ml (18fl oz) vegetable broth
- 700g (1lb 9oz) pumpkin (or butternut squash) flesh, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 200ml (7fl oz) reduced-fat coconut milk
In a large non-stick pan gently cook the onion, chillies and lemongrass in 1 to 2tbsp of the broth for 5 minutes to soften.
Add the pumpkin and carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the remaining vegetable broth and coconut milk.
Bring to the boil, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Blend until smooth and garnish with chillies to serve.