Looking for a new way with lamb? Try this delicious spiced lamb recipe with a vegetable couscous
- 2.5kg (5.5lb) leg of lamb
- 1tbsp each ground cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp mustard powder
- 3 each red peppers, courgettes and red onions
- 2 aubergines
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 250g (9oz) couscous
- 400ml (14fl oz) vegetable stock, boiling half bunch each mint and coriander, chopped
- juice 2 to 3 lemons
For a lovely lamb recipe that the whole family will love, why not try this delicious spiced version for your Sunday meal this week? With cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper to flavour this tender lamb dish, this idea makes a great Easter recipe that makes a change from the norm too.
HOW TO MAKE SPICE RUB LEG OF LAMB WITH VEG COUSCOUS
- Make diagonal slashes along the top side of the lamb. Mix the spices, lemon zest and juice, oil and mustard powder and season. Using a small knife, push the paste in the cuts of lamb and place in a roasting tin. Marinate overnight or for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4 and roast for 1 hour 40 minutes, for lamb that is on the cooked side of pink.
- Meanwhile, cut the veg and onions into chunks. Place on baking sheets, toss in 3tbsp oil and season. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Put the couscous in a bowl with 1tbsp oil and pour over the stock. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the veg, herbs, lemon juice and season. Carve the lamb and serve.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Lamb Recipes
More Couscous Recipes
More Easter Recipes