If you’ve something to celebrate – whether it’s a birthday, a wedding, or a jackpot Bingo win, what better way to celebrate than with cake? At 888Ladies bingo, we’re celebrating seven years of thrilling bingo games and fabulous prizes, so it’s no wonder we have cake on our minds. We’ve picked seven of the most extravagant for you to drool over, because, as every celebrity knows, the bigger the celebration the bigger – and more outrageous – the cake should be!
1. Barcelona star Neymar celebrated his 23rd birthday with a fabulous birthday cake that featured a model of himself and his famous hat. At some birthday parties, disaster strikes when no one has a knife to cut the cake. We don’t know whether that happened at Neymar’s birthday bash, but his cake was cleverly decorated with lollipop style treats, which should have been enough to keep his guests happy if he needed a couple of minutes to search through his kitchen drawer.
2. Whether you’re turning 20 or 90, a birthday with zero in it is always a big event – so how about one with two zeros? Hampton Court Palace turns 500 this year and a fabulous cake has been created by Choccywoccydoodah to mark the occasion. The edible decorations illustrate the history of the Palace, so if you’re lucky enough to be offered a slice, you could find yourself nibbling on a piece of Henry VIII’s crown.
3. Controversy followed reports of Ciara Quinn’s €100,000 wedding cake. This magnificent cake was the creation of New Yorker Sylvia Weinstock, who has been making cakes for the rich and famous for more than 30 years. Sylvia’s favourite ingredients include fresh fruit and imported chocolate, so no doubt her creation was a hit with the wedding guests.
4. In 2013, Beyonce and Jay-Z wanted to celebrate daughter Blue Ivy’s first birthday party in style, spending a reported $2,000 on the birthday cake.
Sadly, we don’t have a picture of that cake, but we’re happy to report that Blue Ivy’s third birthday this year was celebrated with a fabulous rainbow coloured cake. Good news if you don’t happen to have a spare $2,000 lying around: there are recipes online that you can follow to make your own rainbow cake.
5. It may have been the height of good taste, but there’s no doubt that Prince William and Kate Middleton’s eight-tier wedding cake deserves a spot on our list of extravagant cakes. The royal couple’s magnificent cake was a confection of cream and white icing, and was decorated with around nine hundred exquisite sugar paste flowers.
6. The marriage of Kim Kardashian to NBA athlete Kris Humphries may only have lasted seventy-two days, but at least their wedding cake ensured they had a wedding day to remember. Made by LA baker Hansen Cakes, the show-stopping black and white cake cost $20,000 and was a towering six feet tall.
7. Guests at Kim’s previous wedding may have wondered how she was going to top a six foot wedding cake when she married Kanye West. Easy – with a seven foot cake, of course! The multi-tiered fruit-layered cake was decorated with pristine white frosting, and it took three people to carry it!
Seven is a lucky number for many people – could it be yours? If you fancy a slice of birthday luck, why not find out by heading over to 888Ladies and joining in our celebrations. We’re marking our birthday with seven games over seven days and up to £5,000 in jackpot prizes. Just remember – if you spend your winnings on cake, be sure to save us a slice!