Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My dream comes true TOMORROW !

The day has finally arrived
    Have a wonderful time Cakie.
    I'm sure you will give and get plenty of love and hugs back.
    Fun and happy times ahead.
    Relax and go with the flow of these next two days.
    Best and sincere wishes from me DBVC
    Debbie

I am not even dressed ! Why am I on here ? I feel like crying and I don't know why ! Oh we women can be daft at times.
    All your messages really help and I love the idea of a photo/video of the weekend. My daughter's partner Martin has been titled our Royal photographer for the weekend. He is very good.
    At the moment all I can think of is seeing them for the first time and holding them in my arms. I would hold them there forever if I could and never have them leave ! oh dear, tears !
    Enough of that woman...go and get ready. All your hugs needed until they arrive.Love Cakie xXx

You will be just fine says me needing a tissue here to.
    Our family and true friends are what really matter
    Debbie

Hi Cakie

Today's the day Have a fantastic time, making lots of memories

I too am crying with joy for you

Lots of hugs

Maureen T xxx
    you die if you worry...you die if you don't worry,,,,so....don't worry

Hi Cakie - I thought of you very first thing this morning, knowing you would be down to counting the minutes now!! Have a fab time, and sabe the tears for when they have gone!!

Haven't been around for a while Cakie so hadn't seen this. Hope you have a truly wonderful time with your Grandchildren. Take loads of photos and afterwards you'll be able to treasure the memories. I'll be thinking of you.
    Aliehs xSometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

Hi Cakelover

Wow, what a momentous weekend. It's going to be one to remember! From what you've said, it could be tricky with Scott and Amy as they are obvioulsy going through some difficult times. I think you are right not to bring it up unless they do but out of all the fun things you have planned for them, I'd try and plan a 'nice walk outside' type of thing with just them and you, if that's at all possible . I don't know the whole story but I wouldn't mind betting that they might want to 'talk' with someone who is not involved on a day to day basis ie everyone telling them that it will all be ok etc etc. Maybe not to give advice but maybe just to listen to how they are feeling.

Anyway, apart from all that, I hope you have a fabulous weekend and don't be afraid to cry, it shows how much you love them and how much you miss them and then .................... make sure there's lots of laughing !!!

XPat

Wow, what an exciting weekend...you wont have time to feel exhausted.....do enjoy.

Ah that is so lovely for you Cakelover. It must have been so awful for you not to see your gc. I am sure you have kept up with them by whatever means. I will be thinking of you over the weekend and the fantastic time you will be having. Don't worry if they are a wee bit quiet to start with, they will feel strange I expect.

Have the absolutely best time Cakelover, look forward to hearing all about the fantastic time you have had.

June xx

The Long-For-Day at last. Oh Cakie, I'm welling up for you. If I were little, I'd want a grandmother like you!!!

ENJOY but remember not to be too unrealistically optimistic. Sometimes our hopes and dreams can prevent us from living in the moment and enjoying what's immediately in front of us. I hope that makes sense - I know what I meant when I wrote it!

Hope the Royal Photographer does a great job, too!

VL
    x
    Some drink at the fountain of life - others merely gargle