Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi anyone from North Northumberland Berwick upon Tweed Scottish Borders or Perth?

Scottish Borders and North Northumberland

Smile Hi anyone from North Northumberland Berwick upon Tweed Scottish Borders or Perth?

Hi this is my first post on the forum. I'm 53 I re- married - just under a year ago - work full time in administration and have two older children. One graduated last year and lives in Newcastle the other is in her Hons year this coming session at Stirling.

I live in the North Northumberland, Berwick upon Tweed and Scottish Borders area. Although I am from Perthshire and only moved down here some years ago.

I have lots of hobbies and interests crafty things foodie things reading and a love of travel especially italy.
    Oh - and my Weimaraner!

I'm hoping to replace my "empty nest" with some new feathered friends for chats coffees and definately cake!

So if you live reasonably locally do drop me a line and even if you don't it would be nice to hear from you especially those with similar interests or even those who live in other parts of the globe!
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Katie

Hi there Katie, it has gone a bit quiet on here, but more will come a bit later I'm sure!

It is good that you came on Your Lives, as that is where we mostly congregate. As you may see, I live in S.Africa, and have since 1974 on and off. I have two grown children in their early forties, and I love sunshine, not much here on the Cape Peninsula at the moment!
    I have mostly been working in admin, and also love Italy - could just do with a holiday there right now! I have had enough of our winter already, it doesn't usually come this early!

Hope you make many friends, and enjoy yourself on here. Have fun!

Faith is your guide in the absence of knowledge...woolie x

Cool thanks

Thanks nice to get a quick reply not too sure how to find my way round the forums yet -

but I have been meaning to join for ages so maybe now is a good time for me as I have a wee
    bit more time on my hands.

I looked after (in Halls of Residence) two SA students numerous years ago ever so polite they were.

I never forgot the way the addressed me. Lovely lads.

When does your weather change then?

My hubby and I hope to manage to spend a week in Italy at the end of the Summer to celebrate our 1st wedding aniversary but right now I am recovering from spinal surgery which went very wrong and now 8 weeks later I am scheduled for another op on Tuesday - pretty scared!!
    best for now Katie

Our weather changes a bit in September, when hopefully there is more sun and less rain. That is our Spring. Sometimes it can be a bit late in arriving, and the rain goes on a bit longer, which is sad for our Spring flowers, which need the sun in order to stay out.

Youngsters are pretty polite over here, that I must say! We are called 'Aunties' here!

I am so sorry your spinal surgery went wrong, horrible to have another operation, but am sure they will get it right this time!

I hope you stick with us, a lot of new ladies don't, but none of us bite, and we are pretty friendly! I htink most of the ladies in the UK are cooking their evening meal right now, as it is always quiet at this time. OH cooks mine, as I can't stand that long. ( I have Fibro). I feel really sorry for him, as he is working hard in Simonstown right now on a computer with the twice yearly maintenance.

A pic of some of our spring flowers follows: woolie x (so called for so many reasons, born in Woolwich, always chilly wearing lots of jumpers! a bit woolie headed with the Fibro!)

Faith is your guide in the absence of knowledge...woolie x

Hello Seassidekatie and welcome to the forum. So sorry about your surgery and hope you have better results next time. I am not near you either (but a lot nearer than Woolie!). However, I love cake and we sometimes have virtual parties of all types on here and at least virtual cake doesn't have any calories! Hope I haven't frightened you away and made you think we are all crazy!
    Maisie x

Smile No Baking Required!

Oh My Goodness Maisie that's hillarious how on earth do you have a virtual tea party!!
    At least I won't have to bake LOL!
    Katie

Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum Be warned, it can be very addictive

Sorry to hear about your surgery going wrong. I hope that Tuesday's session will be much more successful

I look forward to chatting' with you.

Maureen T xxx
    Merry Christmas everybody

Hi seasidekatie
    I remember when I was thinking of joining the forum I was, then I wasn't, then I was again and finally I did! I'm glad I did and you will too. I don't post a huge lot but do like to put my penny'worth in when I think I've got something to add. My home's here in NZ so a long way away from your home. I'm a retired medical administrator/secretary/general dogsbody with two sons in their early 40's and both living out of NZ with their families. Have been to the UK once on a driving holiday around England and up to Scotland where my husband hails from. Loved it. I hope you get lots and lots of pleasure from getting to know the people on the forum who after a while you feel you know. Chorus girl

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Chorus girl View Post
    Hi seasidekatie
    I remember when I was thinking of joining the forum I was, then I wasn't, then I was again and finally I did! I'm glad I did and you will too. I don't post a huge lot but do like to put my penny'worth in when I think I've got something to add. My home's here in NZ so a long way away from your home. I'm a retired medical administrator/secretary/general dogsbody with two sons in their early 40's and both living out of NZ with their families. Have been to the UK once on a driving holiday around England and up to Scotland where my husband hails from. Loved it. I hope you get lots and lots of pleasure from getting to know the people on the forum who after a while you feel you know. Chorus girl
    well girls I have tyried to reply to your posts umpteen times - failed every time - do I give up?
    How do you reply to someone who has eplied to you??
    Katie

Smile hello Maureen T

Quote Originally Posted by MaureenT View Post
    Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum Be warned, it can be very addictive

Sorry to hear about your surgery going wrong. I hope that Tuesday's session will be much more successful

I look forward to chatting' with you.

Maureen T xxx
    Hi Maureen i've tried to reply to your kind reply again and again but I keep coming across snags ie not authorised to reply to this etc even as in this case it was someone who replied to me! I can do it if I use the quote thing!! Any way nice to hear from you - yes surgery on Tuesday - I had my surgeon and doctor both on the phone yesterday so I do feel a tiny bit more posotive about it. Basically I went in 8 weeks plus ago for a straightforward resolution to spinal stenosis and disc issues at L4 and L5 and he cut into my spinal chord by mistake causing a spinal leak and I also have terrible nerve damage and more pain in my leg than I have ever known I now can only walk 1oom without being in agony . The nerve damage has caused me to have no nerve feeing (numb) in all my female area my buttock upper thigh and foot - and my bowel because the nerves are damaged cannot operate correctly - it's been like living in a dreadful dream. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who is really good to me but I've been off work now over 8 weeks and need to get back!!! I'm trying to think musn't moan and groan but this has really thrown me not at all what I epected from everyday surgery as he put it. Surgeon has taken responsibility and apologised so it's up to him to put me right! I'm lookingforward to being normal (!) again as soon as possible lol