Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Thread: Good Hotel on South Devon Coastal Path

Good Hotel on South Devon Coastal Path

Hi girls

looking for a hotel for next weekend to do a bit of walking, but mainly to get away from our new flat which is experiencing a few teething problems! Ie Rain coming through the ceiling in very wet and windy weather.

has anybody visited a hotel in this area or know of one locally?

Many thanks

Di

This pub is rather fun... between Newton Abbot and Totnes on the Torquay road. Very quiet and very very old - a bit spooky! We stayed there just before Christmas for the week-end. Brekkie is good!

http://www.oldchurchhouseinn.co.uk/

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

http://www.southwestcoastalpath.co.u...oastal-path-p4

You don't say which part of the coast path you want to walk in but found this article which might be of help

Hi Di

Not sure which part of south Devon you want but we love the south hams which is from Plymouth to Dartmouth and some of the villages are right in the coastal path, such as Thurlestone or you could stay around Salcombe, Hope Cove. the Thurlestone Hotel is 4 * but expensive or could try the Hope and Anchor Inn at Hope Cove. There are some fabulous walks around this part of the country all along the coast towards Newton Ferris.

Many thanks for your help.

Love the look of the Old Church House Inn, but OH is 6'7" and not sure about the ceiling height. Busy working my way through your list PN. I don't mind mind which part of South Dorset or South Devon path we walk.

Di

My problem is that I used to live in South Devon and therefore never had to find anywhere to stay! We are currently a stones throw from the south west pathway where we are now but be warned, it is like a muddy quagmire. Don't know if the Tarka Trail would be better as isn't that a proper path?