Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Thread: The date we joined ?????

The date we joined ?????

I thought many moons ago you were going to address the issue of the date we joined. Currently it shows most people as joining the forum in May 2011 I in fact joined in 2009 and I know many others have joined before me and certainly well before May 2011 to many people we do like this information showing and it would be nice to have our correct join date showing.
    Life is short but there are many possibilities.

I just had this conversation with a forum friend today Rozie... with all the improvements and advances in technology, why cant something so simple.. and in my eyes important, be rectified?

Ive been on here almost 5 years and am proud of it and dont like showing that I started in May 2011... along with thousands of others!

Also, the total number of posts that Ive done is about half of the real total.

I also dont like the "senior" and "junior" titles we are given....

Come on W&H... surely something as easy as this can be rectified quite simply... please? Its all part of our individual identity!
    amelica2 Practically perfect in every way... I wish

I agree, ladies, I joined in 2009, and it's so annoying that the wrong joining dates are still showing. I wonder, was May 2011 when they changed to that awful, ill-fated, pink Forum, and have all the 'Oldies' joining dates been re-set to then?

Soon after the current Forum came into being, we were told that date error would be rectified......and we're still waiting. Come on, W&H, surely it should be a straight-forward correction.
    ​Rosa xx

Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments.

Rosie,

Totally agree with you.....

I dont like the "senior" and "junior" refernces, sounds like we are competing in the school yard!!!!

In March I will have been a forummer (and proud of it), for five years, and it would be nice, if the correct amount of posts, and the date that we joined the forum, was shown correctly, it cant be that difficult, surely to get this one right.

Most of us are happy with so many of the changes you have made for us, but many still have great difficulties, and we really feel, that if you could rectify these problems totally, we would be a much happier band of forummers ha ha.

Come on
    W@H, we dont ask much of you, and have overtime accepted many technical probs, which in many cases you have fixed, but there is so much more room for improvement.

Thank you.
    When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.

Agree with all your comments.

Join date looks ridiculous when someone, (advertiser), resurrects a post from 2010, (see beauty treatments on 'your looks'), and the contributors are deemed to have joined in 2011!

Alina x

Yes, I agree with what the others have said. It doesnt make sense. I also joined four years ago.

Junex

It doesn't really matter what 'Website Feedback' we put on here, does it? No-one ever seems to have the good old fashioned courtesy to answer us! It seems an insult having a thread on with this title.
    VL
    x
    Some drink at the fountain of life - others merely gargle

I'm newish and honestly don't take any notice of the number of posts or joining date. I'd rather just enjoy people's contributions, opinions and interests.
    Not sure why the junior/ senior thing is relevant either.
    It's just nice to meet and chat to you all.

Ive only been here 5 minutes and Im a senior already! .. Im still having difficulty remembering all the names and who's replied to what..

I suppose sometimes the number of posts can tell how active a person is but Im on another forum where my post count is about 3000 ish mark..Ive been there two years, another member who joined 6 months ago is already at 5000 posts.
    For a moment I thought I had been slacking but then I looked and found most of the other persons posts consist of LOL or Ditto remarks.
    I think its about the quality of the post not the number, so while the number of posts may tell that the person is logged in and active it does not tell you if they actually contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion.