Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Focal Point

Focal Point

What would you say is the focal point of your living room? Is it the fireplace, the television, a picture, a special piece of furniture?

In the Summer ours is probably the patio window, leading into the conservatory and the garden. In the Winter, though, it's definitely the fireplace....

The photo looks a bit odd, because the mirror is reflecting the ceiling light and a picture on the opposite wall.

And, yes, that is a pink cat curled up in the hearth.......but Joey hasn't chased it yet!
    Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments.

Lovely fireplace Rosa......I have a clock that looks exactly the same as yours. Our focal point is the TV......we don't have a fireplace. I would say in the summer it is the view out our living room window......trees and a park. Saying that on a right snowy day the view is spectacular......trees laden in snow. Xx
    AnnAMac xx

Looks lovely Rosa.......

I would think the focal point in our sitting room..... is our flat screen TV..... its big enough ha ha......

Our bay windows are also very attractive........ and I have a rather lovely marble table...... that I never tire of looking at......

There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday.

Hi Rosa,

The focal point of our room is most definitely the fireplace. It is a north facing room so tends to be used only on an evening and in winter. During the summer months we are usually found in the breakfast room or conservatory which both have a southerly aspect. Your room looks very inviting.
    Aliehs xSometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

Looks cosy Rosa. Ours is a table with photos and a picture of the sea.

000263988.jpg

Whoever is happy will make others happy too.
    Rachel

Looks nice Rosa.

The focal point in our lounge is the fireplace as well especially when I have the coal effect gas fire on. I love to have that going on cold winter evenings.
    Deann x

Funny, I have just realised I don't really have a focal point, probably because I don't have a fireplace. I never really thought about it before. Maybe the view? I love your fireplace, Rosa.

Macarena x

We don't have a fireplace either so our focal point probably has to be the TV. Hmm, will have to go and think about that as our TV is fairly unobtrusive.

HH

Focal point for me

In the summer, the french doors to the garden from the conservatory, view of garden,the pond & all the birds that come to wash & drink in the pond.

In the winter it is definitely the fireplace with the woodburner and watching the logs burn, mesmeric!
    You're in my heart, You're in my soul

Hi Rosa

Mine is the fireplace too and your pic is nearly a mirror image of mine, I don't have a sleeping cat to torment the dogs with though, I have a huge glass vase, with large, burgundy silk flowers and twigs that I have spray painted on one side and a shabby chic bin the other. Similar clock and glass candlesticks though, plus a few burgundy bits on the mantlepiece..

Carsma x