Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Snuggle Down Reading List for 2013 - suggestions please

Hi new to the forum, but books was the first place I headed to, as an avid reader this place looks great, looking forward to joking in the reads, my brother bought me the Daphne du Maurer box set last year and I haven't got round to reading Jamaica Inn, I have read Winter Solstice so have a great excuse to read it again.

I was dragged into the world of kindle kicking and screaming but I love it now, but also love the independent book shop as well, as a reader I think you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

Karen.

Agghhh! I've only just checked back... better get hunting!
    Fran

Mags09
    I've just come across this thread. How exciting! Can someone explain how it works? Do we just choose a book from the reading list or is one book agreed?

Mags x

Mags09
    Just read Zibs post so will keep checking for updates.

Hi, Mags. Annebags is trying to get a sticky for us so we can post the current reading schedule and have it stick. Here tis....
    ----------------------------------------
    Lovely to see old and new friends on Snuggle Down so now time to get together our reading list. How about the following?

Winter Solstice - Pilcher - week comm 4 March

Jamaica Inn - Du Maurier - week comm 8 April

Songlines - Chatwin - week comm 13 May.

This should give us time to order books from librairies etc. Of course everyone is welcome to comment on the books whenever they feel like it, but this would give us something to work towards. By then, we may even have some nicer weather and some summery titles to look forward to. Does this work for all?

Looking forward to "chatting", Anne x
    Cheers from Reno, Nevada

Mags09
    Hi Zib, sounds fab! I can't believe how excited I am about this! Searching for books already. I think I'll order the real I am rather than kindle editions. Love a mooch around a book shop. Thank you! x

Hi Zib,
    Recently retired from teaching and now looking forward to getting some time in for reading for pleasure. Have just ordered Winter Soltice, sounds an enjoyable jaunt in Scotland without leaving my chair! Thank you.

Looking forward to chatting.

Caroline

Mags09
    Winter Soltice ordered.

Seem to have lost the plot at bit (sorry)! Are we reading Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher? Just had a quick look on Amazon - it does look good!

Winter Soltice book has arrived. Now snuggling down to read it.

Caroline xxx