Woman & Home Forums

Meet women just like you by joining the woman&home forum and clubs today. Plus, enjoy our exclusive competitions, offers and events.

Sue's blog

Sue James

w&h Forum Update: Now Live!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEWARK / NOTTS (Ladies who lunch)

NEWARK / NOTTS (Ladies who lunch)

We have been meeting for a few years now and have a well established lunch club. We try different restaurants in Nottingham city centre, Newark and sometimes West Bridgeford.

Our May meeting is at The Farndon Boathouse in Newark -
    this Saturday 7th May at 1.30.

We are always happy to meet new ladies. Don't be shy!

Re: NEWARK / NOTTS (Ladies who lunch)

Hi
    Have just seen your message and wondered if I could join you lovely ladies on Saturday? I live in Lincoln and would be interested to know more about your lunch club. Look forward to hearing from you.

Would be good to meet you. I will PM further details.
    See you tomorrow
    X

Hi, have just read your posting and would like to join the Supper Club. Realise I have just missed the monthly meet!! I moved to Newark around 9 months ago and my work commitments have been quite heavy, so that and settling in have made it virtually impossible for me to get out and about. I would love to meet local people and make new friends.

Hi Lorraine
    We are meeting again on June 18th. It will be in Nottingham for lunch at 1. I do know the restaurant but have forgotten the name. I can find out and let you know. A new lady from Lincoln joined us on Saturday.
    It will be good to meet you.
    X

Hi,
    Having missed your lunch last week please do let me know where the next one is so that I can catch up with everyone again.
    Thanks,

Angela

Hi girls, can't believe I've missed out on lunch at the Boathouse, my favourite place at the mo..
    If any of the ladies fancy getting together for a lunch on a weekday soon I would be up for that, otherwise I will put the 18th in my diary and hope to see you all there..x

Hi Ladies, just stumbled across this forum and so joined up. I am planning to move to Newark from North London. Unfortunately it looks like the house I was buying is falling through and so i'm still looking, but now I've read some really negative reports about Newark and so i'm having second thoughts. Unfortunately the only people I have met during my visits have been Estate Agents so they are obviously biased, it seems lovely to me - do you recommend it? If not there where are the decent areas around Nottingham( I can't afford Southwell) or should I look at Grantham?
    Hopefully the sale of my flat will have gone though in the next 3 or 4 weeks so I should be up there regardless, would love to join you on the 18th if that would be ok

Hi sallythfc, just read your post, sorry to hear your house purchase fell through. I live the other side of lincoln, but travel all around lincolnshire with my job and know Newark and Grantham pretty well, also have friends in both. I would recommend Newark over Grantham any day (sorry no offence to anyone in Grantham) Newark is smaller, but there are lots of lovely Boutique type shops, cafes, walks (Castle, river etc) and fast train service to London when you need it. My friends moved there from rural Lincolnshire about 2 years ago, and love it. Grantham has all the facilities shops, train etc. But the traffic is a nightmare (maybe not such an issue for someone re locating from London howwever) it always seems to take me an age to negotiate through Grantham by car , whatever the time of day. good luck with your move, hope you find somewhere soon. Would be interested to hear what negative things you've heard about Newark?

Hi Sally
    I used to live in the North, but moved to Nottingham over 25 years ago, loved it at the time, but moved to a village on outskirts of Newark 15 years ago and have never regretted it..
    I hardly ever go back to Notts for my shopping as Barbara says there are plenty in Newark and evenings out are often at one of Newark's fine restaurants or great pubs in surrounding villages..
    Its fairly flat around here so if you like walking its brill along country lanes or beside the river/canals.
    There is a fair mix of people, but on the whole not a lot of
    problems or trouble.
    Hope to meet you in the future, if you decide on this area.
    Good luck.